A vagina bunker
S
SilverFox1 Offline OP
10 and 5 Guy
SilverFox1  Offline OP
10 and 5 Guy
S
A vagina bunker
Nats dont have alot of good, young options outside of JTR. Cervelli or McCann ?

Joo are da muss haddfull, emo-shore, eel-tamper pusster I'ze ebber engoundered, and I'ze engoundered manny on deez bard. Jore pusts all soun' lige a nut-too-bride sebben jeer ole.

Re: Offseason Decisions: Who to keep, who to add, etc. [Re: SilverFox1] #609374
29/09/2020 10:08
29/09/2020 10:08
A vagina bunker
S
SilverFox1 Offline OP
10 and 5 Guy
SilverFox1  Offline OP
10 and 5 Guy
S
A vagina bunker
Glad we're not the ones who have him $92mill/4yrs. He's had recurring leg/calf issues over the years:

"Minnesota Twins third baseman Josh Donaldson is not on the club's roster for the American League wild-card series against the Houston Astros because of a calf injury.

Donaldson missed Minnesota's last two games of the regular season this past weekend because of cramping in his right calf. But the former AL MVP took batting practice Monday at Target Field, providing optimism that he would be in the lineup for Tuesday afternoon's game.

Donaldson, 34, is listed on Minnesota's taxi squad, meaning he could rejoin the Twins for this best-of-three series as a replacement for an injured player.

Twins utility man Marwin Gonzalez will start at third base Tuesday and bat ninth against his former club.

Donaldson struggled through an injury-plagued first season with the Twins, batting .222 with six home runs and 11 RBIs in just 28 games. The three-time All-Star is in the first year of a four-year, $92 million deal with Minnesota."

-- MLBTradeRumours excerpt

Joo are da muss haddfull, emo-shore, eel-tamper pusster I'ze ebber engoundered, and I'ze engoundered manny on deez bard. Jore pusts all soun' lige a nut-too-bride sebben jeer ole.

Re: Offseason Decisions: Who to keep, who to add, etc. [Re: SilverFox1] #609378
29/09/2020 16:58
29/09/2020 16:58
P
PowerBoater69 Online content
10 and 5 Guy
PowerBoater69  Online Content
10 and 5 Guy
P
What's the deal with the DH for next season? I read somewhere that the decision will be discussed at the GM meetings this winter. I hope that isn't true, it fucks over the NL teams if the decision isn't made before free agency begins.

Re: Offseason Decisions: Who to keep, who to add, etc. [Re: SilverFox1] #609388
30/09/2020 04:38
30/09/2020 04:38
A vagina bunker
S
SilverFox1 Offline OP
10 and 5 Guy
SilverFox1  Offline OP
10 and 5 Guy
S
A vagina bunker
Havent heard much on that. There's so much scoring and so many HR's now, so do we need a DH? And a DH = more offense = longer games.

Otoh, having a DH will help all of these NL teams keep aging vets who normally would head to DH in the AL. Hmmm, not really sure where I stand on the issue.

Re: Offseason Decisions: Who to keep, who to add, etc. [Re: SilverFox1] #609394
30/09/2020 17:53
30/09/2020 17:53
P
10 and 5 Guy
10 and 5 Guy
P
I hate the DH, I grew up watching AL baseball but I so much prefer the NL. No DH makes it more of a chess game between managers with limited pieces in the bullpen and bench. With the DH anyone who can read a stat sheet can put together a line up and send them out.

In any case it makes a huge difference in roster building so MLB needs to let the GMs know prior to free agency.

Re: Offseason Decisions: Who to keep, who to add, etc. [Re: SilverFox1] #609461
05/10/2020 09:45
05/10/2020 09:45
A vagina bunker
S
SilverFox1 Offline OP
10 and 5 Guy
SilverFox1  Offline OP
10 and 5 Guy
S
A vagina bunker
Can only imagine what more damage Soto couldve done had he had protection in the lineup directly behind him. Zuckerman pulled the #'s and found that once Kendrick (who hit behind Soto) went down for the year, everyone who then went on to hit behind him sucked, and then the # of IBB's that Soto got soared. Another possible sign that the team will forego spending big $$ in starting pitching and look for a big bat.

Fwiw Castro's .267/.302 in 2020 was pretty much the same as his Marlins #'s in '19. If they get a decent bat in FA I could see Castro sliding down to 6th in lineup.

Re: Offseason Decisions: Who to keep, who to add, etc. [Re: SilverFox1] #609468
05/10/2020 17:42
05/10/2020 17:42
P
10 and 5 Guy
10 and 5 Guy
P
I take that as a good sign that Soto continued to thrive after he lost his protection in the line-up, instead of getting overly aggressive he took the walks and led the league in OBP. Break the bank on that guy.

There was an article I read this weekend saying that the Nats probably would not be in the market for a top pitcher because they have so much money tied up in the big three. But the Scherzer money comes off the books in a couple years, it would be nice if the team would be willing to sign a replacement to overlap a year and just accept the cap hit.

Re: Offseason Decisions: Who to keep, who to add, etc. [Re: PowerBoater69] #609479
06/10/2020 07:47
06/10/2020 07:47
A vagina bunker
S
SilverFox1 Offline OP
10 and 5 Guy
SilverFox1  Offline OP
10 and 5 Guy
S
A vagina bunker
Originally Posted by PowerBoater69
There was an article I read this weekend saying that the Nats probably would not be in the market for a top pitcher because they have so much money tied up in the big three. But the Scherzer money comes off the books in a couple years, it would be nice if the team would be willing to sign a replacement to overlap a year and just accept the cap hit.

Interesting FA class next Fall for starting pitchers:

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/free-agents/2022/starting-pitcher/

Re: Offseason Decisions: Who to keep, who to add, etc. [Re: SilverFox1] #609480
06/10/2020 08:01
06/10/2020 08:01
A vagina bunker
S
SilverFox1 Offline OP
10 and 5 Guy
SilverFox1  Offline OP
10 and 5 Guy
S
A vagina bunker
Q: Nats priorities

Should the Nats prioritize signing Realmuto or a power hitting outfielder this offseason?

A: Thomas Boswell
1) Realmuto. The clear choice and worth the $125M it might take to get him. If he goes much higher, forget it.

2) Ozuna, though his price may now be too high after a big year.

3) Tough call. Anthony Rizzo knows Dave Martinez very well from Cubs days. That might help get him and solve 1st base. There's no way Zimmerman is coming back, imo. You'll probably have a DH spot for Kendrick, when healthy. Nats have a $3M mutual option, with $1M buyout with Eric Thames. That shouldn't be an obstacle. This one makes me nervous because I like Thames personality on the team and think he'll bounce back next year.

4) Will Nick Castellos opt out of his Reds contract. Where will Justin Turner, Dodgers, land and will he be a 1st baseman in future.

Lot of interesting options. And supply (a lot) versus demand (fewer teams willing to spend after a pandemic year) favors the Nats.

— OCT 05, 2020 12:46 EDT

Re: Offseason Decisions: Who to keep, who to add, etc. [Re: SilverFox1] #609481
06/10/2020 08:09
06/10/2020 08:09
A vagina bunker
S
SilverFox1 Offline OP
10 and 5 Guy
SilverFox1  Offline OP
10 and 5 Guy
S
A vagina bunker
Boswell on the same subject, from the 9/28 chat:

It's getting That Bat that matters. George Springer has the name and the post-season big HRs to draw attention and dollars away from other FA options. That's good. The Nats don't need someone who plays a lot of CF. Anthony Rizzo has the Cub identity and may also draw off more interst and $$ than he merits. Will that help the Nats have a shot at J.T. Realmuto? He'll be expensive. And Yan Gomes finished the year strongly. He and Suzuki certainly team well, but when do they get OLD in a hurry. Both are also excellent (and willing) at breaking breaking balls --countless sliders, curves and change-up-- in the dirt which is essential when all of your Big Three depend so heavily on getting Ks on "chase" off-speed pitches in the dirt. Unfortunately, Marcell Ozuna will be close to NL MVP --that could rive up his price a lot. After last season, when he had very high velocity off the bat, but terrible bad luck with BABIP, he looked like a potential steal after '20. Not anymore. He'd have been the perfect (bad defense) LFer with Soto in RF.

Looks like Castellanos and Brantley, 33, may be left available. At any rate, the Nats WILL get one of them. And it'll be a big help. Either Realmuto or Ozuna would be a real team-changer in '21. '22 and beyond.

The better team you have, the more likely Max is to want to come back past the '21 season, so he can, perhaps, ease into that No. 2 or No. 3 starter role as he ages behind Stras and Corbin. He's already showing some age. Having the DH in the NL hurts him. It's one more HR bat --and he gives up HRs. And, with the pitcher hitting, he's really excellent at manipulating the No. 7-8-9 spots in the order to get out of one or two innings with "O' runs in almost every game. Extending Max would be a great move if Max is feeling reasonable. It's always hard to get pride under control and do what's smart and makes you happy. He SHOULD want to finish his career in DC. JMHO. But if he's looking for the last dollar --or anywhere real near it-- he's just not going to get it with the need to sign Turner and Soto. Max isn't "setting the market" for every other pitcher any more, so he doesn't have to feel that responsibility as much to other players and the union. I have a hard time figuring out what Max will, or should do. Seems to me that you keep your DC poor man's equivalent of Maddox, Glavine and Smoltz together as long as you can.

— SEP 28, 2020 12:42 EDT

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8