Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
Re: Offseason Decisions: Who to keep, who to add, etc. [Re: PowerBoater69] #615001
27/01/2021 08:19
27/01/2021 08:19
A vagina bunker
S
SilverFox1 Online shocked OP
10 and 5 Guy
SilverFox1  Online Shocked OP
10 and 5 Guy
S
A vagina bunker
Originally Posted by PowerBoater69
Yeah, a Covid discount, Philly is betting on the vaccine, smart.

My daughter works for a hospital. She got her 2nd shot yesterday, the booster (she got the 1st shot in late December). There is currently a 1 month gap between receiving the 1st shot and the booster shot. Apparently you arent fully safe until you get the 2nd shot. If there's a 1 month gap, I dont see how everyone in the US is gonna get the FIRST shot until mid-summer. And California is an effin mess, besides. Will MLB teams get to allow attendance this season, and if so, will they do what the Miami Heat are currently doing -- using dogs to sniff out the covid-infected at the gates?

Gotta say again, and maybe I'm wrong: in recent years this ownership has consistently been in the Top 10 in payroll, but they've NEVER been in the Top 10 in paid attendance...so little did we know 15 years ago how lucky we would be to have Lerner running this club ?

Joo are da muss haddfull, emo-shore, eel-tamper pusster I'ze ebber engoundered, and I'ze engoundered manny on deez bard. Jore pusts all soun' lige a nut-too-bride sebben jeer ole.

Re: Offseason Decisions: Who to keep, who to add, etc. [Re: SilverFox1] #615011
27/01/2021 15:17
27/01/2021 15:17
PowerBoater69 Online content
10 and 5 Guy
PowerBoater69  Online Content
10 and 5 Guy
Originally Posted by SilverFox1

My daughter works for a hospital. She got her 2nd shot yesterday, the booster (she got the 1st shot in late December). There is currently a 1 month gap between receiving the 1st shot and the booster shot. Apparently you arent fully safe until you get the 2nd shot. If there's a 1 month gap, I dont see how everyone in the US is gonna get the FIRST shot until mid-summer. And California is an effin mess, besides. Will MLB teams get to allow attendance this season, and if so, will they do what the Miami Heat are currently doing -- using dogs to sniff out the covid-infected at the gates?

Good news for your daughter. I'm pissed at our VA state reps, we are the worst state in the country in distributing the vaccine, no reason that should be the case. WV is over 100% allocated because the vials were overfilled. VA is 42% allocated, a Goddamn disgrace.

Gotta say again, and maybe I'm wrong: in recent years this ownership has consistently been in the Top 10 in payroll, but they've NEVER been in the Top 10 in paid attendance...so little did we know 15 years ago how lucky we would be to have Lerner running this club ?

The Nats may not be top ten in tickets purchased but I guarantee they are top ten in ticket revenue. When I've gone to other ballparks just about all of them have great seats cheaper than Nats Park. The Lerner business model isn't to sell out Nats Park, if all of the tickets are sold they under priced the market. Can't complain anymore though, we have a World Series in hand and we're looking to buy another one.

Re: Offseason Decisions: Who to keep, who to add, etc. [Re: SilverFox1] #615012
28/01/2021 06:21
28/01/2021 06:21
A vagina bunker
S
10 and 5 Guy
10 and 5 Guy
S
A vagina bunker
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoz...-top-mlb-at-151-graphic/?sh=320b0676294a

Saw online articles on this topic but most were from blogs.
Most recent article I could find by Forbes on this topic. In 2017, Nats were #13 in avg ticket prices. Considering the demographics of the area I wouldve expected them in the Top 6 easy. But since this article theyve won a WS, so they're ranking is probably up.

Joo are da muss haddfull, emo-shore, eel-tamper pusster I'ze ebber engoundered, and I'ze engoundered manny on deez bard. Jore pusts all soun' lige a nut-too-bride sebben jeer ole.

Re: Offseason Decisions: Who to keep, who to add, etc. [Re: SilverFox1] #615014
28/01/2021 14:49
28/01/2021 14:49
10 and 5 Guy
10 and 5 Guy
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoz...-top-mlb-at-151-graphic/?sh=320b0676294a

Saw online articles on this topic but most were from blogs.
Most recent article I could find by Forbes on this topic. In 2017, Nats were #13 in avg ticket prices. Considering the demographics of the area I wouldve expected them in the Top 6 easy. But since this article theyve won a WS, so they're ranking is probably up.

Could be just my experience, I've been to games in Texas, Ohio, Pitt, and Florida in the past few years and I always find that I can get up close to the action for a lot cheaper than Nats Park. Obviously that would be different in NY, Bos, Chi, and LA. One thing about average ticket prices though, those are average on sale, Nats Park sells out the club seats and dugout seats to plan holders while the outfield and upper decks are often empty, so the average ticket price sold is a lot higher.

In any case profits are the Lerner's problem and they aren't missing any meals based on lack of income from the Nats. As you expressed, I'm quite happy to have an ownership group that is spending big.

Re: Offseason Decisions: Who to keep, who to add, etc. [Re: SilverFox1] #615015
28/01/2021 15:05
28/01/2021 15:05
10 and 5 Guy
10 and 5 Guy
Nats in on Alex Avila as our back up catcher, another one year deal, another guy who we are hoping returns to his better years. Not an exciting signing but it checks off a big need.

@MarkZuckerman
Notable about Alex Avila, who turns 34 tomorrow: He caught Max Scherzer extensively in Detroit (107 times) and briefly caught Jon Lester in Chicago (twice) and Patrick Corbin in Arizona (14 times).

Re: Offseason Decisions: Who to keep, who to add, etc. [Re: SilverFox1] #615024
28/01/2021 21:49
28/01/2021 21:49
T
TBP Offline
10 and 5 Guy
TBP  Offline
10 and 5 Guy
T
Signing Realmuto really inhibited the Phillies' ability to fix their real problem, a bullpen worse than ours have historically been. Meanwhile, the Nats are having a quietly good offseason.

Progressives lack compassion and tolerance. Their self-aggrandizement is all that matters.
Re: Offseason Decisions: Who to keep, who to add, etc. [Re: PowerBoater69] #615033
29/01/2021 03:50
29/01/2021 03:50
A vagina bunker
S
10 and 5 Guy
10 and 5 Guy
S
A vagina bunker
Nats in on Alex Avila as our back up catcher, another one year deal, another guy who we are hoping returns to his better years. Not an exciting signing but it checks off a big need.

@MarkZuckerman
Notable about Alex Avila, who turns 34 tomorrow: He caught Max Scherzer extensively in Detroit (107 times) and briefly caught Jon Lester in Chicago (twice) and Patrick Corbin in Arizona (14 times).

As you've pointed out before, yet another 1 year deal this season. Which helps give them about $100mm in cap room for 2022 after ARB cases (Soto and Turner, notably). According to Spotrac, payroll in 2022 now at a measly $87mm (!!!), plus $18.5mm in deferred salaries for up to 3 players who wont be on payroll then (R. Soriano + I'm assuming Max and Brad Hand will be gone but who knows). Nice setup for a splurge!

Re: Offseason Decisions: Who to keep, who to add, etc. [Re: TBP] #615035
29/01/2021 06:21
29/01/2021 06:21
10 and 5 Guy
10 and 5 Guy
Originally Posted by TBP
Signing Realmuto really inhibited the Phillies' ability to fix their real problem, a bullpen worse than ours have historically been. Meanwhile, the Nats are having a quietly good offseason.

Has it been quiet? No big splash signings but a lot of medium sized splashes. Next big splash should be Cade Cavalli and Kieboom for Arenado. That would break the trend of one year deals but it would fill the hole at third for a long time. It would also put us over the cap for 2021, which would be a small impact with all the money coming free in 2022.

Re: Offseason Decisions: Who to keep, who to add, etc. [Re: SilverFox1] #615036
29/01/2021 06:24
29/01/2021 06:24
10 and 5 Guy
10 and 5 Guy

@MarkZuckerman

As you've pointed out before, yet another 1 year deal this season. Which helps give them about $100mm in cap room for 2022 after ARB cases (Soto and Turner, notably). According to Spotrac, payroll in 2022 now at a measly $87mm (!!!), plus $18.5mm in deferred salaries for up to 3 players who wont be on payroll then (R. Soriano + I'm assuming Max and Brad Hand will be gone but who knows). Nice setup for a splurge!

Yep, I just posted that the Nats should go over the cap this year because they can get under next year, but I'm already second guessing myself, the money penalty would not be an issue but we won't want to lose picks for signing free agents. Could be the biggest shopping spree since the 2000 Redskins.

Re: Offseason Decisions: Who to keep, who to add, etc. [Re: PowerBoater69] #615038
29/01/2021 08:09
29/01/2021 08:09
A vagina bunker
S
10 and 5 Guy
10 and 5 Guy
S
A vagina bunker

@MarkZuckerman

Yep, I just posted that the Nats should go over the cap this year because they can get under next year, but I'm already second guessing myself, the money penalty would not be an issue but we won't want to lose picks for signing free agents. Could be the biggest shopping spree since the 2000 Redskins.

"Notable free agents for 2021-22:

Catcher: Salvador Perez, Travis d'Arnaud, Christian Vazquez (club option), Buster Posey (club option)
First base: Freddie Freeman, Anthony Rizzo, Brandon Belt
Second base: Starlin Castro
Third base: Nolan Arenado (opt-out), Kris Bryant, Eduardo Escobar, Kyle Seager (club option), José Ramírez (club option)
Shortstop: Francisco Lindor, Javier Báez, Carlos Correa, Corey Seager, Trevor Story
Outfield: Michael Conforto, Tommy Pham, Starling Marte, Kyle Schwarber, Eddie Rosario, Corey Dickerson, Nick Castellanos (opt-out), Charlie Blackmon (player option), Andrew McCutchen (club option)
Designated hitter: Jorge Soler, Khris Davis, J.D. Martinez (opt-out)
Starting pitchers: Noah Syndergaard, Clayton Kershaw, Max Scherzer, Justin Verlander, Zack Greinke, Lance Lynn, Eduardo Rodriguez, Dylan Bundy, Lance McCullers Jr., Johnny Cueto (club option), Carlos Martínez (club option)
Relievers: Kenley Jansen, Jeurys Familia, Corey Knebel, Archie Bradley, Raisel Iglesias, Adam Ottavino

If all the players in line for free agency in the 2021-22 offseason actually reach the open market, it might be one of the best classes ever."

-- MLB.com

Would prefer not trading our guys for Arenado, since he's up to opt-out this Fall and his relationship with The Rockies is possibly beyond repair, so he's done there (ditto Kris Bryant).

Damn -- Syndergaard, Rizzo, Freeeman are among the UFA's. If Max looks like he's still some got mileage left, Rizzo may wanna have him stick around for '22+ (if price is right). What Rizz needs to watch out for next Fall is signing up too many guys to bloated deals that take them into their mid-30's and beyond.

Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15