Edit: expanding the topic to include the racing presidents and anyone or anything not sufficiently woke. With the new deal being negotiated MLB teams will have uniform sponsors starting this year. Hopefully the Nats will pick a great American company like Chick Fil A, the Koch Brothers, ExxonMobil, or Lockheed Martin. Something to send the Doolittle family running for their Twitter accounts.
If they have their way, you wont be singing The Star Spangled Anthem by Francis Scott Key at the beginning of Nats games.
The Cancel Culture, ya see, is now very upset about the National Anthem because it was written by FS Key, who POSSIBLY ONCE made a racist remark. So they want the anthem replaced.
And they want it replaced with - THIS IS TOO MUCH - John Lennon's Imagine. Which is a LECTURE more than a song. And nothing patriotic about it at all. Written not by an American, but by a Brit.
Guess in all of their mounds of research on FSK they conveniently failed to do the same for John Lennon :
1. The guy wrote a song called "Woman Is The Nigger Of The World" -- yes, very BLM, right?
2. Admitted to physically abusing women
3. Freely made fun of handicapped people.
4. "Imagine no religion" -- geez, aint that swell.
5. Openly advocated the overthrow of the US Govt in '72, and hung out with Black Panther terrorists, Abbie Hoffman, Jerry Rubin, and many more.
6. Openly mocked his manager for being Jewish and gay. At the end of Baby You're A Rich Man, they're singing "Baby You're A Rich, fag Jew". I've got Jewish blood, and I find that pretty funny, actually.
Know all of this because I'm a Beatles fan. Aint no koolaid drinkin fan though. Well, cant wait to stand up to sing that before Nats games. What a bunch of fvckin idiots.