01/05/2020 13:07
01/05/2020 13:07
P
PowerBoater69 Online content OP
10 and 5 Guy
PowerBoater69  Online Content OP
10 and 5 Guy
P
Since the Nats are going to make us wait until next week to see their incentive package to not take the refunds, the other big news this week is the potential realignment of divisions for 2020. MLB is considering dropping from six to three divisions and having all games played within the divisions to limit travel. Games would start in July at the regular home ballparks with no fans.

First of all, screw the no fans deal, I've been to every home opener and I'm not stopping now.

Second, even though it would mean universal DH, I love the new divisions. Having the Nats in the same division as the Red Sox, Yankees, and Orioles would be sweet. The big issue is that MLB swapped the Braves into the Central division for some reason. I like picking up the Pirates, but ditch the Blue Jays instead. That would be the best damn division in the history of pro sports.

Let's play ball.

Re: Nats Themed China Virus Masks [Re: PowerBoater69] #605018
01/05/2020 13:51
01/05/2020 13:51
T
TBP Offline
10 and 5 Guy
TBP  Offline
10 and 5 Guy
T
They should offer refunds in full at least for April. If they want to do it on a month-by-month basis, incase there is a season and fans can attend, I don't have a problem with that.

I'd throw in a mask and some future ticket opportunities.

Progressives lack compassion and tolerance. Their self-aggrandizement is all that matters.
Re: Nats Themed China Virus Masks [Re: TBP] #605021
01/05/2020 14:41
01/05/2020 14:41
P
10 and 5 Guy
10 and 5 Guy
P
Originally Posted by TBP
They should offer refunds in full at least for April. If they want to do it on a month-by-month basis, incase there is a season and fans can attend, I don't have a problem with that.

I'd throw in a mask and some future ticket opportunities.

With 28 teams offering 28 different plans and fans of those teams misinterpreting those offers it's hard to predict what the Nats will present next week. The team claims that the delay is so that they can make the best offer possible to convince us to waive our rights to a refund. One thing that I saw that is concerning is that while most of the attention has been on the carrots teams are offering, primarily extra money added to the trade in value for tickets, some teams are also waiving sticks to discourage fans from taking the money. I could imagine losing access to Red Carpet Rewards and ticket exchanges as possible penalties.

Re: Nats Themed China Virus Masks [Re: PowerBoater69] #605061
04/05/2020 06:57
04/05/2020 06:57
P
10 and 5 Guy
10 and 5 Guy
P
According to USA Today the Nats are the only team left that has not yet offered refunds for at least April. The team has told season plan holders that is coming this week.

Re: Nats Themed China Virus Masks [Re: PowerBoater69] #605062
04/05/2020 14:36
04/05/2020 14:36
P
10 and 5 Guy
10 and 5 Guy
P
ALERT: The Nats are offering refunds! In response to a question about single game tickets in April the team Twitter account offered a refund. Still no official word for season plan holders.

@NatsParkService: Thank you so much for reaching out. Please email me at service@nationals.com with your ticket information to discuss refunds.

Re: Nats Themed China Virus Masks [Re: PowerBoater69] #605092
07/05/2020 15:19
07/05/2020 15:19
P
10 and 5 Guy
10 and 5 Guy
P
What in the wide wide world of sports is going on over at South Capitol? 28 teams started processing refunds last week and the 29th earlier this week. I don't have a problem with the team taking their time to get it right but at least send me an email with a status. The ticket reps are hyping up the Nats offer, saying that it will be the best in the league. I can believe that, but it's the potential penalties for taking the refund that interest me more. Meanwhile I get daily email ads trying to get me to send them more money.

In the past the team has updated their website with info on upcoming promotions and offers before making an official announcement. You can find the details if you guess the url. I might have to try to see if I can sniff that out.

Re: Nats Themed China Virus Masks [Re: PowerBoater69] #605096
08/05/2020 10:48
08/05/2020 10:48
P
10 and 5 Guy
10 and 5 Guy
P
The Talk Nats blog just announced that they have word that the Nats policy will not be released this week. 29 other teams had their policies out in 2-3 days, most the same day as the MLB announcement. While the Nats are trying to get everything right they continue to accrue interest on the cash they are holding.

It would not be so annoying if the team just communicated the status once a week or so instead of leaving that task up to the individual ticket reps. My rep tried to call me two weeks ago and left I message, I returned his call and left him a message, nothing since then. So I have received zero information directly from the team in over a month and I spend about five grand a year on tickets. Every day they wait just confirms my instinct to take the refund if offered.

Re: Nats themed Corona Virus masks [Re: PowerBoater69] #605114
09/05/2020 10:45
09/05/2020 10:45
P
10 and 5 Guy
10 and 5 Guy
P
Got my daily spam email from the Nats online store, they want me to give them $25 for branded China Virus masks. The Lerners just can't seem to figure out the process to reverse the flow of money from their customer's banks accounts into theirs.

Re: Nats themed Corona Virus masks [Re: PowerBoater69] #605128
11/05/2020 09:49
11/05/2020 09:49
A vagina bunker
S
SilverFox1 Online shocked
10 and 5 Guy
SilverFox1  Online Shocked
10 and 5 Guy
S
A vagina bunker
Excerpt from Boswell's online chat today:

Q: DC season tickets
The Capitals and Wizards have announced their plan for season ticketholders. The Capitals and Wizards informed season ticketholders that they are keeping all money paid for 2019-20, but crediting money paid for unplayed games toward 2020-21 payments. Monumental is also applying a bonus credit equal to 3% of the credit for the unplayed games. What are your thoughts on this? Have you heard anything about what the Nats plan to do? So far, the Nats have suspended April payments until July. I assume the Redskins will wait to do anything until closer to August, if necessary.

A: Thomas Boswell
This is simple. And applies to all teams.

There is only one ethical stand-up policy.

Many people who have season tickets --or season tickets which they split up with a whole bun ch of other other people in a group (like me and my wife w Nats tickets)-- do NOT need money right now. They are OK.

Well, those people --like me-- are totally IRRELEVANT.

Because, on the other side of the coin, there are people --and I've been getting e-mails from them-- who DO NEED MONEY and they need it NOW. They are out of work. Or they have sick family members who need financial help. Or they are super-fans who regard their sports tickets as, perhaps, their No. 1 Entertainmemt Expense BY FAR but, in a pandemic, they just can't AFFORD it any more.

THOSE people should ALL get refunds for 100% of canceled games IF THEY REQUEST IT. And there should be an easily accessible way --posted on the team's web sight, as well as other means on communication (e-mail, even "mail")== that explains how you get that refund.

Teams don't HAVE to do this. I suppose, legally, MAYBE they can just "roll out" the money you sent them for tickets into the future and try to make you happy by including some "discount" on future tickets that you get with the money they are keeping in their sticky hands.

But, during a pandemic, this is AWFUL policy. Everybody is re-evaluating how they live, how they spend, how financially sound they are and where they want to reduce future expenses.

Plenty of people don't give a damn right now about some ticket in '21 --or whether they get a 3% discount (or a 20% discount in the case of some MLB teams) in the future.

They need their money back NOW. I have so sad e-mails from good fans telling me the specific reason that they want their refund money for games that have already been canceled.

The team that may get clobbered on this first is the Nats. USA Today ran a story more than a week ago about how 29 or 30 MLB teams at least had made some public statement on how they would handle games that have already been canceled. Almost all the teams make a big pitch about how to get "apply" the money to future games with some "sweetener" attached --some as much a 30% kicker to induce you to let them keep your money. But ALL of them, somewhere, even if it is just a phone number to call for more info, have a way to find out How Do I Get My Money Back?

The only team that, at least as orf yesterday, still had made no such statement was the Nationals.

The Mets explanation to their fans ran more than 1,00 words. TRhe Nats have indicated that their policy will be coming soon. Well, I have seen it yet. GET MOVING.

I won't comment in depth on the Wiz and Caps because I haven't studied their policies yet. Dear Chatter, if your description of the Monumental policy is correct, they my first impression is that I don't like it.

I understand the rationale --it's like a "rain check" for a canceled game. You paid for a ticket. The team got the money and it is not giving it back. You can use the raincheck for a future game.

Well, we aren't in a rain storm right now, we are in a death and suffering storm. If big-time pro sports think that this is "business as usual" they are going to have a shock.

The new policy for every team better be simple: ACT RIGHT.

And the only way to act right is to refund money for any canceled games to the fans who say they want a refund. No explanation required.

In a sense, I wrote an entire column about this last week. The ecosystem of sports in changing after this natural disaster. The fans better not remain at the bottom of the food chain --or they may not come back in the same numbers post-pandemic. And maybe not ever.

If you want them back, you BETTER act right now. Some people NEED that refund money to pay bills, or rent, TODAY. Billionaire owners need to get that through their heads.

Joo are da muss haddfull, emo-shore, eel-tamper pusster I'ze ebber engoundered, and I'ze engoundered manny on deez bard. Jore pusts all soun' lige a nut-too-bride sebben jeer ole.

Re: Nats themed Corona Virus masks [Re: PowerBoater69] #605130
11/05/2020 13:50
11/05/2020 13:50
P
10 and 5 Guy
10 and 5 Guy
P
Team communication continues to be next to non-existent. They must be at a complete standstill over at HQ trying to figure out what they can offer that beats refunds. I wonder if the team has the liquidity to pay back 100% of the tickets?

Meanwhile Sean Doolittle is in absolute meltdown mode over the idea that MLB might actually start scheduling baseball games again. He wants to cancel the season for the good of the ballpark employees, who in his eyes are too dumb to make up their own minds about whether or not they want to report to work. In my next life I should be so entitled as to sit back in my mansion and dictate when the little people can and can't go back to work.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9