11/04/2020 05:47
P
PowerBoater69 Online content OP
10 and 5 Guy
PowerBoater69  Online Content OP
10 and 5 Guy
P
Originally Posted by TBP
Among the plans under consideration for 2020 are an all-Arizona plan, using the spring complexes, Chase Field, and a couple of college ballparks, and a plan to have everyone play in their spring training parks and play as the Cactus League and the Grapefruit League for 2020. They want to play as many games as possible, which likely means plenty of doubleheaders.

That's what I want.

I also saw that they are looking at playing the season in Japan.

No games have been canceled, just postponed, so MLB and StubHub are holding everyone's money. I understand StubHub's position, they can't get the money back from the sellers until the games are canceled and therefore they don't have the cash on hand to refund the buyers. MLB should outright cancel and refund April and May, then reevaluate the rest of the season next month.

Meanwhile you can buy Nats single game tickets on line still.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2020-04-10/mlb-coronavirus-dodgers-angels-ticket-refunds?_amp=true#click=https://t.co/PaLkfrruRT

Re: Nats themed Corona Virus masks [Re: PowerBoater69] #604748
13/04/2020 11:58
13/04/2020 11:58
A vagina bunker
S
SilverFox1 Online shocked
10 and 5 Guy
SilverFox1  Online Shocked
10 and 5 Guy
S
A vagina bunker
Excerpt from today's Boswell Q&A on the Nats and the upcoming season:

If they play perhaps an 81-game season with some late-Oct-to-Thanksgiving post-season in warm-weather sites or retractable dome parks, then the short season ought to HELP the Nats as much as any team and mor than most. It gives the Big Three and Anibal Sanchez a huge r4est after the tough '19 and, probably, lets you ride them hard through what might, at most be 100 games. The over-30 players would love an 80-to-100-game season plus playoffs. It's the long GRIND that gets them, especially August when they have already played 100 games. If there were quite a few doubleheaders, then you'd probably see 27 or even 28-man rosters. The vets wouldn't be expected to "play two." The Nats strong bench would help them --two good catchers and six good infielders for four spots.

All this is a gigantic "if." But, man, does MLB want to jam in a season if it possibly can --even in empty parks, which costs them ~40% of their revenue. There's a big difference between perhaps getting 35% of your expected annual revenue (or player salary) for an 81-game season, plus (probably) some expanded four-round post-season to sell to TV, and 0% for an entire year!

It's going to be a different financial world in MLB on the other side of this. Teams with (i9n hindsight) too many huge long-term contracts and smallish title windows are going to have tough decisions. The Nats may be glad that they didn't go the huge-contract way with Harper and Rendon and even that Max's last $30M year is in '21. Their only two big remaining contracts are for outstanding pitchers who'll be 31 (Strasburg and Corbin). Assuming Nats attendance spikes after a title year, Washington may be one of the teams that's well positioned for the next couple of free-agent off-seasons --whenever they are.

The Nats paid for Stras at what now look like top-of-the-market prices. But if anybody deserves it, he does after his 5-0 October. That title has his name all over it and that'll buy the franchise a ton of goodwill for a decade, or many much more. I never thought I'd think that NOT getting Rendon --at that $265M price-- might be a decent break. Not getting Harper, but using the money to rebuild the rest of the roster, I always said that might be the better way to go --because you could not afford to pay Bryce AND fix all the other problems after '18. Goes to show you never can tell.

Joo are da muss haddfull, emo-shore, eel-tamper pusster I'ze ebber engoundered, and I'ze engoundered manny on deez bard. Jore pusts all soun' lige a nut-too-bride sebben jeer ole.

Re: Nats themed Corona Virus masks [Re: PowerBoater69] #604751
13/04/2020 17:17
13/04/2020 17:17
P
10 and 5 Guy
10 and 5 Guy
P
Agree with Boz about the Nats being well positioned for a short season. Not so sure about the long term impact.

The team just sent out notice that season plan holder collections are delayed from April until July. Which is good news for plan holders but it indicates that they have not yet cancelled any games, so I would not expect refunds for single game or secondary market sales.

Re: Nats themed Corona Virus masks [Re: PowerBoater69] #604796
15/04/2020 04:10
15/04/2020 04:10
P
10 and 5 Guy
10 and 5 Guy
P
While I was looking at trades from 2009 the 2019 Nats did a Zoom watch party of game 7 and I missed it. It's well over four hours long so I'm not sure if I'm going to watch it or just check out all the highlights people are posting. Lots of goofing on each other and shitting on the Astros for cheating.

https://m.facebook.com/Nationals/videos/289754478678137/

Re: Nats themed Corona Virus masks [Re: PowerBoater69] #604798
15/04/2020 06:33
15/04/2020 06:33
A vagina bunker
S
10 and 5 Guy
10 and 5 Guy
S
A vagina bunker
Strasburg said he watched a replay of the World Series, and thought the tv guys in the booth were pro-Houston. At the time I didnt notice one way or another.

The other night I watched part of the MASN replay of Game 6 -- obviously The Nats went into the game down 3 games to 2.

Late in the game The Astros are leading 2-1, The Nats offense is sputtering for a 4th straight game, and Verlander is owning them. Then Eaton goes yard tying it up, and then Soto does same 2 batters later, putting Nats in the lead. Joe Buck and the rest of the TV booth reacted like they were at a wake.

Joo are da muss haddfull, emo-shore, eel-tamper pusster I'ze ebber engoundered, and I'ze engoundered manny on deez bard. Jore pusts all soun' lige a nut-too-bride sebben jeer ole.

Re: Nats themed Corona Virus masks [Re: PowerBoater69] #604800
15/04/2020 09:28
15/04/2020 09:28
A vagina bunker
S
10 and 5 Guy
10 and 5 Guy
S
A vagina bunker
Well, look at who is a Nats fan. Excerpt from MLBTradeRumors.com:

Fauci envisioned a scenario where indeed baseball is able to launch a season by the middle of the summer — sans live fans, of course. “If you could get on television, Major League Baseball, to start July 4,” Fauci suggested, ” … Well, I think you’d probably get enough buy-in from people who are dying to see a baseball game. Particularly me. I’m living in Washington. We have the World Champion Washington Nationals. You know, I want to see them play again.”

Re: Nats themed Corona Virus masks [Re: SilverFox1] #604803
15/04/2020 10:23
15/04/2020 10:23
P
10 and 5 Guy
10 and 5 Guy
P
Originally Posted by SilverFox1
Well, look at who is a Nats fan. Excerpt from MLBTradeRumors.com:

Fauci envisioned a scenario where indeed baseball is able to launch a season by the middle of the summer — sans live fans, of course. “If you could get on television, Major League Baseball, to start July 4,” Fauci suggested, ” … Well, I think you’d probably get enough buy-in from people who are dying to see a baseball game. Particularly me. I’m living in Washington. We have the World Champion Washington Nationals. You know, I want to see them play again.”

Uh oh, don't let the Doolittle's see that, they want everything shut down and everyone's salaries paid in full indefinitely.

Meanwhile you have Nats fans in the Washington Post complaining that they took advantage of the team offering face value World Series tickets if they bought a 2020 plan, but they no longer want the plan, they want a full refund now that the WS is over.

Where the team needs to be careful is dealing with the SPH group leaders, it was already a major pain running a group, if the primary plan holders end up losing big dollars a lot of long term groups will fall apart for 2021.

Re: Nats themed Corona Virus masks [Re: PowerBoater69] #604899
22/04/2020 09:48
22/04/2020 09:48
P
10 and 5 Guy
10 and 5 Guy
P
A couple of Mets fans have started a class action suit against MLB based on the games being canceled vs postponed. Representing both plan holders and single game buyers. I agree that the first two months should be canceled and not postponed so that refunds can be processed.

There is no way to make up 30+ missed games this season. Giving plan holders rain checks won't work because we already have tickets to the future games and the replacement tickets are never as good as our regular seats. Even if the games come back in July you will have people unable to attend due to health concerns. I could see the team making refunds to plan holders who commit to buy again in 2021 and rain checks for those who signed up to get the World Series priority but now want to back out.

Single game sales are tougher. Rain checks good through 2021 would be fine but a lot of us bought opening day tickets at a premium price. I want a refund for those tickets so I don't end up getting stuck with a mid week Marlins game that I paid big money for.

The guys really getting screwed are the leaders on the season plan groups. They have group members who want their cash back and want out. But the Nats are holding the money. If the team screws over the group leaders they will have a lot of long time groups fall apart. Probably instead of sending me daily ads for me to buy stuff they should just mail me a hat or shirt or something.

(Also of note from ESPN, as of yesterday the Nats were one of eight teams that had not committed to pay their employees through May. Although I expect that the team will step up and pay.)

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29074691/fans-sue-ticket-refunds-ask-class-action?platform=amp

Re: Nats themed Corona Virus masks [Re: PowerBoater69] #604905
23/04/2020 14:27
23/04/2020 14:27
T
TBP Offline
10 and 5 Guy
TBP  Offline
10 and 5 Guy
T
Would you take a rain check and a partial refund?

Progressives lack compassion and tolerance. Their self-aggrandizement is all that matters.
Re: Nats themed Corona Virus masks [Re: PowerBoater69] #604907
23/04/2020 14:34
23/04/2020 14:34
T
TBP Offline
10 and 5 Guy
TBP  Offline
10 and 5 Guy
T
IF they go with the Florida-Arizona plan, this is the likely alignment:

Cactus League
Northeast -- Arizona Diamondbacks, Chicago Cubs, Colorado Rockies, Oakland Athletics, San Francisco Giants
Northwest -- Kansas City Royals, Milwaukee Brewers, San Diego Padres, Seattle Mariners, Texas Rangers
West -- Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Indians, Los Angeles Angels, Los Angeles Dodgers

Grapefruit League
East -- Houston Astros, Miami Marlins, New York Mets, St. Louis Cardinals, Washington Nationals
North -- Detroit Tigers, New York Yankees, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, Toronto Blue Jays
South -- Atlanta Braves, Baltimore Orioles, Boston Red Sox, Minnesota Twins, Tampa Bay Rays

Remember, the alignments would be based on the location of the spring training parks.

Progressives lack compassion and tolerance. Their self-aggrandizement is all that matters.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9