With Anthony Rendon surprisingly signing with the Angels, several teams are left looking for third base help. Apparently, Miguel Andujar's name is beginning to get floated. The Nationals, Braves, Phillies, Dodgers, and Rangers are all known to be looking, and there are undoubtedly others. There may not be enough chairs.

Andujar showed in 2018 that he can be a really good player. I wouldn't be inclined to trade him, except in the "right" deal. As part of a package for Lindor, I might consider it. Ditto Correa, if he's genuinely available. I don't think either team would do it, but a deal built around Andujar that netted Dominic smith might strengthen both New York teams. Smith is a powerful lefty hitter who might have been a force for the Mets but for Pete Alonso. He's one of those power first guys.

The Yankees don't hve many needs. A lefthanded bat would be quite helpful. (That's why I mention a Lindor (a switch-hitter) or a Smith.) Or they could strengthen a strength. I believe Chapman can be available next year. Perhaps the Yankees and Rangers could figure out something built around Andujar and Jose Leclerc. The Rangers' closer is just 26 and dominant.

Would you trade Andujar or hold him? What kind of deal would you want to get for him?

Progressives lack compassion and tolerance. Their self-aggrandizement is all that matters.