Sigh Online   content
10 and 5 Guy

Loc: VT
69-4. A classic! laugh

#583465 - 07/13/17 11:19 AM Re: 69-4 [Re: Sigh]
mikezpen Online   content
10 and 5 Guy

Loc: Hillary's Vast Right-Wing Cons...
Yeah it is. It an example of how low our colleges have sunk and little they care for academics.

Edited by mikezpen (07/13/17 11:21 AM)

Mark Steyn

#583468 - 07/13/17 12:45 PM Re: 69-4 [Re: mikezpen]
pogo Offline
10 and 5 Guy

Loc: Near West Side, beautiful Clev...
Since you ignore the fact that both the thrust and the content of 69-4 was answered, why is it of any use to repeat your original bull?

#583471 - 07/13/17 12:55 PM Re: 69-4 [Re: Webley Webster]
Webley Webster Offline
10 and 5 Guy

Loc: Utopia Parkway
Originally Posted By: Webley Webster
I realize it's pointless to point out how patently and transparently dishonest O'Reilly's column is, but it really needs to be said, futility not withstanding.

O'Reilly characterizes the source of his outrage as a "study" conducted by "the Los Angeles Times," indicating that it was the result of systematic, objective research conducted as part of the paper's news-reporting operation.

In fact, it was "conducted" by a guest Op-Ed writer who happens to be a shill for the American Enterprise Institute, a hard-right libertarian think tank. This is O'Reilly's source.

I am as shocked that O'Reilly is dealing from the bottom of the deck here as I am that our resident King of Outrage swallowed this hoakum without the slightest shred of skepticism. And I have no doubt that no lessons will be learned here, and that we will soon be presented with another of O'Reilly's turds as if it were filet mignon.

Reposted without further comment.

#583489 - 07/13/17 05:07 PM Re: 69-4 [Re: mikezpen]
Sigh Online   content
10 and 5 Guy

Loc: VT
Originally Posted By: mikezpen
Yeah it is. It an example of how low our colleges have sunk and little they care for academics.

People who do the hiring in the real world disagree. Go ahead and tell your grandchildren not to compete.

#583490 - 07/13/17 05:07 PM Re: 69-4 [Re: pogo]
pogo Offline
10 and 5 Guy

Originally Posted By: pogo
This really is a load of cr@p.
100 schools out of how many thousand?
Selected because these are the "Best" schools?
Rants about how kids are brainwashed liberal automatons, and then when the best students (presumably because they went to the "Best" schools) have liberal speakers mostly chosen by the students themselves it's somehow further show of bias.

Alternate explanation.
Students choose speakers who they think are most interesting or informative. And lo and behold. At the "Best" schools if they are picked for their politics (a HUGE assumption) it is done by the "best" students.
And the Young America Foundation, which is I am sure is totally unbiased, thinks that this is a sign of a political slant rather than of the relative lack of relevancy of "conservative" speakers. And also, by implication, that these schools are important, while the other thousands out there are flyover institutions.

Also.

#583684 - 07/16/17 08:06 PM Re: 69-4 [Re: pogo]
10 and 5 Guy

student governments infested with leftwing activists. Those wishing to invite conservatives are intimidated as are spineless college administrations.

Mark Steyn

#583701 - 07/17/17 10:25 AM Re: 69-4 [Re: mikezpen]
pogo Offline
10 and 5 Guy

Thank you for your analysis.
I appreciate your direct experience at college.
Now where are you enrolled?
Or do you have even some righty source to quote for your imaginations?

#583705 - 07/17/17 11:20 AM Re: 69-4 [Re: mikezpen]
Lee Offline
10 and 5 Guy

Loc: Maryland, USA
Originally Posted By: mikezpen
student governments infested with leftwing activists.

"Infested" huh? How would you suggest dealing with this "infestation" -- by exterminating the vermin?

This may come as a shock to you, but student governments are freely elected by the students, not just "leftwing activists." I guess you simply hate democracy.

#583711 - 07/17/17 01:11 PM Re: 69-4 [Re: Lee]
10 and 5 Guy

infest is a very good word

Leftists impose their agenda on people.An example is the disparity in graduation speakers; they impose their will.Whether leftists are more "interesting" is debatable, although hearing them try to justify their agenda is "interesting" I suppose.

Mark Steyn

Page 16 of 17 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 >

Moderator:  RIVERRAT13603