Joel Sherman of the Ne York Post and MLB Network says baseball essentially entices players like Dee Gordon to take PRDs, and the punishment needs to be very much stiffer.

http://nypost.com/2016/04/29/how-mlb-enticed-dee-gordon-to-use-peds/

Quote:
Pretty much the only institution in the game that has delivered a strong penalty to those tied to illegal performance enhancers is the Baseball Writers Association of America, which votes for the Hall of Fame. Hypocrisy alert: I might be part of the problem, because I vote for Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens.

Ultimately, the Hall is about the best 1 percent of players ever. For the other 99 percent, the deterrent message is not exactly powerful, certainly not as powerful as the hypocrisy.

Let?s start with the fans. I hear the moaning all the time about what we will tell the children. But when Gordon returns later this season, he is going to get a big ovation in Miami. You know how I know that?

Because Bonds was cheered in San Francisco and Mark McGwire in St. Louis and Alex Rodriguez in New York. The bad guys all play on the other teams, not yours.

The players, though, are mostly like the fans: They hate everyone else?s cheaters, but not the good guys they know personally in their own clubhouse.

I pretty much agree with what Sherman has to say here. I think baseball ought to adopt WADA standards, but teh Players Association would never allow that.

What do you think?

Progressives lack compassion and tolerance. Their self-aggrandizement is all that matters.