BallparkGuys

NC GOP bleeding membership.

Posted By: BaseBawl

NC GOP bleeding membership. - 11/02/2021 14:26

I'm too busy flipping Texas, to really throw in with North Carolina. It looks on its way to blue though. Demographers told us the eastern seaboard states were all going that way.
Posted By: carolina

Re: NC GOP bleeding membership. - 11/02/2021 22:59

I hope you're right but, this state is teeming with Martins.

Re: NC GOP bleeding membership. - 11/02/2021 23:34

Bleeding gop! If they go swimming, they'll be eaten by sharks.
Posted By: John Lease

Re: NC GOP bleeding membership. - 12/02/2021 01:49

Originally Posted by carolina

They are killing each other off with Covid though.
Posted By: martin

Re: NC GOP bleeding membership. - 13/02/2021 18:43

The Dems need to be concerned about California and NY flipping. The two governors there are terrible and the decent democrats are getting fed up with these leaders.....

Re: NC GOP bleeding membership. - 13/02/2021 18:44

We need more martins not less....

Re: NC GOP bleeding membership. - 13/02/2021 22:05

California and New York. Bluer than even Georgia.

Re: NC GOP bleeding membership. - 13/02/2021 22:50

North Carolina's Senator was one of the 7 Republican crossover guilty pleas. Am I like a political savant?

Re: NC GOP bleeding membership. - 13/02/2021 22:50

Originally Posted by BaseBawl
California and New York. Bluer than even Georgia.

Well sure because Ga ain't blue..... Assoff and warnut looked so out of place in the senate. assoff was the last one back in after the recess..... Here in Ga there are a lot of these yick yacks and blacks that are ALREADY upset with obiden and the two bogus senators. They were PROMISED a $2000 stimulus check on day one.... Now they haven;t gotten a check yet. They don't want a check for $1400 either, they want $2000 because the other one was a Trump stimulus check...

Re: NC GOP bleeding membership. - 14/02/2021 00:34

North Carolina's Senator was one of the 7 Republican crossover guilty pleas. Am I like a political savant?

7 Republicans have an inkling of propriety.

Re: NC GOP bleeding membership. - 14/02/2021 01:22

Burr announced a while back he wasn't running again after his term ends. I guarantee if he were, he would have voted to acquit.

Re: NC GOP bleeding membership. - 14/02/2021 07:38

You mean it's all fake? Where can I storm?

Re: NC GOP bleeding membership. - 14/02/2021 17:16

You mean it's all fake? Where can I storm?

Charlotte

Re: NC GOP bleeding membership. - 14/02/2021 19:03

Will a Passat clear their sidewalks?

Re: NC GOP bleeding membership. - 16/02/2021 17:02

WHY was NC losing republicans? Is it because people are upset with them the way that they treated Trump. Or the way that they didn't demand investigations into the voter fraud? WHY?

Re: NC GOP bleeding membership. - 16/02/2021 19:20

Because y'all quada sucks. 0-2 establishing a caliphate.

Re: NC GOP bleeding membership. - 16/02/2021 19:23

And because the state's turning blue.

Re: NC GOP bleeding membership. - 16/02/2021 21:17

And because the state's turning blue.

Usually when a state turns it's because they have an influx of the other side....I think it's funny that Texas is gonna bus the obiden illegals into NY and Maryland instead of allowing them to stay there and polute the population there...

Re: NC GOP bleeding membership. - 17/02/2021 02:12

Because y'all quada sucks. 0-2 establishing a caliphate.

Plus, some people have standards.

Re: NC GOP bleeding membership. - 22/02/2021 01:26

South Carolina

Re: NC GOP bleeding membership. - 22/02/2021 01:46

I actually know someone moving from the north to S Carolina. Seems like these folks would realize that the problems in those states that they are fleeing were CAUSED by THEIR democrat elected officials...
Posted By: pogo

Re: NC GOP bleeding membership. - 22/02/2021 17:03

There are many reasons to move south.
The Covid has made lots of people aware that work is not all there is to life. "And the livin is easy - - -"
My sister moved south 45 years ago. Loves rural NC. Loves her neighbors, although she says that the only ones with any accurate political thought in their heads are a few local Black farmers/families.
Retired from being a (Charlotte) school psychologist.
Raises Nubian goats, purebred dogs and grandchildren. Tried to get me to move. Thought about it, but we have too many friends here.
"Problems" in the South are consitently as bad or worse than in the North. As increasingly people there are realizing.

Re: NC GOP bleeding membership. - 22/02/2021 17:10

Pogo as I stated earlier the two states that are losing the most people now are NY and California....Most are leaving because of the taxes and policies.... but living is better if you have a little bit of land.
Posted By: pogo

Re: NC GOP bleeding membership. - 22/02/2021 23:00

Then why do Fed taxes get sent, consistently, from Northern & Pacific Coast states to Southern?
Perhaps because people there are more prosperous? And people there do not need the help?

Look, here's the deal, wink .
I do not even hold the Southern economy against Southern Repub. politiicians. When the Dem. party was in power they were just as bad.
But the greatest number of states that refuse Fed help are Southern. What was an agrarian economy has never moved on to approach northern/Western relative prosperity.
Ever heard of the "Burned Over District"?
Although the reference is to the many millenial and utopian sects that rose in western New York state, it is also used for the never recovered farm district in the state. To this day it is the stepchild to general New York prosperity.
Some areas have never recovered from their rural roots.
Why is it cheaper in the South? Because they ARE POOR. at least outside the cities.
In my neighborhood, when I moved here, the greatest percentage of persons were first and second generation transplants from Tennessee and West Virginia.. Puerto Rican folks were tied with long term Anglo & Irish residents.
We were the easiest place to move to. Further south non-Black residents moved west. Mostly those folks have been pushed out by gentrification, or have assimilated with better jobs. but just after they moved we lost a lot of our industrialization.
But we STILL are a Mecca for transplants. And we are definately Rust Belt.
People do not move South for prosperity, or because of taxes. They move because they either have roots or want to find cheap or rural.
Glad that you are welcoming. Have fun with the more progressive attitudes that accompany transplants.
© 2021 BallparkGuys