BallparkGuys

Givens and Castro avoid arbitration

Posted By: carolina

Givens and Castro avoid arbitration - 10/01/2020 17:50

They have both agreed on a contract. I'm glad they are holding on to Castro, I still think he can be good. That leaves Mancini and Alberto possibly going to arbitration.

Re: Givens and Castro avoid arbitration - 10/01/2020 19:48

Mancini and Alberto have settled with the O's Everyone is on board now..
Posted By: BaseBawl

Re: Givens and Castro avoid arbitration - 10/01/2020 23:08

Except the fans. Hope they took care of Mancini.

Re: Givens and Castro avoid arbitration - 11/01/2020 00:54

Note: Trey Mancini will be paid $4.75 million this season, according to an industry source. He was the last arbitration-eligible player to sign with the Orioles this afternoon.

Re: Givens and Castro avoid arbitration - 11/01/2020 03:11

That should work.

This in on Castro:
"ESPN’s Enrique Rojas is reporting that Dominican Republic authorities arrested two men who allegedly robbed Castro at gunpoint. A third suspect hasn’t been captured."

Am I the only one thinking, just pick somebody down there? He's likely guilty of something. That's the place where Alfredo Simon drilled his cousin in the head during New Years Eve, and walked. Because he switched the barrel on his pistol before they could ballistic test it.

Re: Givens and Castro avoid arbitration - 11/01/2020 11:59

I figure a nice little bribe will buy you a judge there.

Re: Givens and Castro avoid arbitration - 11/01/2020 15:37

Not like the US, where it can involve a substantial bribe.
Posted By: mikezpen

Re: Givens and Castro avoid arbitration - 16/01/2020 12:11

Add Harvey and T. Scott to those two, and you have a bunch of quality arms. If it w/translate into consistency, the O's bullpen w/b lites out.

Re: Givens and Castro avoid arbitration - 16/01/2020 12:30

We need to suck for one more year by my calculations. Hopefully the rotation and 0-fer Davis will keep us buried.

Re: Givens and Castro avoid arbitration - 16/01/2020 14:58

If Davis gets off to another slow start, I think you will see his playing time greatly diminish.
Posted By: mikezpen

Re: Givens and Castro avoid arbitration - 16/01/2020 16:53

I think you could see him gone.I imagine they've talked to Angelos about this and agreed on a course of action.Spring Tng. will tell the tale.The Orioles made it clear they's keep Davis through Spring Tng.but mentioned nothing after that.

Re: Givens and Castro avoid arbitration - 17/01/2020 00:05

Showalter interviewed in Houston. There we go.
© 2020 BallparkGuys