BallparkGuys

Adam Jones?

Posted By: mikezpen

Adam Jones? - 28/02/2019 01:50

I think a definite maybe.He's not signed yet and mite agree to a 1-yr deal for $8 million-$10 million.I don't see any of their prospects beating down the door to Baltimore at the moment. The lot of them w/probably go back to the minors.And, while he's not gonna hit 30 homers, Jones does add leadership and a bit of sock to what w/probably be a so-so lineup at best.
Posted By: BaseBawl

Re: Adam Jones? - 01/03/2019 11:59

Mancini, Hays, Stewart, Rickard, Mullins and Diaz are all beating down the door. Wasting 8 megabucks for an OF has to be the last thing on their minds. Show them a pitcher though....
Posted By: carolina

Re: Adam Jones? - 01/03/2019 17:11

I would pass on Jones too. His skills are declining, the money could be put to better use.

Re: Adam Jones? - 02/03/2019 10:15

Originally Posted by BaseBawl
Mancini, Hays, Stewart, Rickard, Mullins and Diaz are all beating down the door. Wasting 8 megabucks for an OF has to be the last thing on their minds. Show them a pitcher though....

I lied about some of them. They have tailed off without my noticing. Too many bodies to keep track of.

Re: Adam Jones? - 02/03/2019 12:35

At least two of Stewart, Hays and Diaz w/be sent down. Rickard's a fifth outfielder, and Mullins still must prove he can hit ML pitching. The "starting outfield" isn't that crowded.Jones w/play a lot in right or left early in the year and then sit more later on if the kids come up. He's have to understand this when he signs.

Re: Adam Jones? - 02/03/2019 16:13

I've been given to understand that the market for such people is non-existent this year. Probably because a lot of years, the Orioles WERE the market. Rasmus, fer chisssakes?

Re: Adam Jones? - 03/03/2019 23:37

Rasmus was a disaster from the beginning. They could get Jones on a 1-year for a few $million. I'd do it.

Re: Adam Jones? - 04/03/2019 21:13

Santander is starting to get some attention. He just might hit his way onto the 25 man.

Re: Adam Jones? - 05/03/2019 02:12

Why the hell not? The Rule V shortstop guy's making a case too. Martin, Marin, Mikezpen, whatever his name is.

Re: Adam Jones? - 07/03/2019 21:03

Diaz has yet to draw a walk this spring. Probably why the Orioles traded for him.
Posted By: martin

Re: Adam Jones? - 11/03/2019 00:05

Adam Jones signs with the dbacks..... one yr $ 2 million..... gosh wish the Pirates would've signed him for that.....
© 2019 BallparkGuys