BallparkGuys

The 2019 season

Posted By: martin

The 2019 season - 25/03/2019 01:47

My prediction is always the same, Pirates first place......a few thoughts going into the season......The drunk has hit 7 homers this spring, I'd try to trade him now, but they will keep him. The way that Hayes has played, I'd put the drunk at ss and go ahead and put Hayes at third base on opening day.....won't happen but should.....

Dickerson has been awesome this spring,i'm hoping that he hits with power this year....taillon is not an ace yet, but Williams is. Not sure why they put Archer in at 4 instead of at 3.NOT Pleased with the outfielders that they've signed to play in RF until Polanco gets back....both are just awful....Melky is a steroid abuser, and the team already has Cerveliu and Marte...plus a drunk......

Concerned about Crick, he hasn't been good this spting so I hope he gets his butt in gear quickly....Also concerned about Vazquez or whatever he calls himself now. He's liable to blow his arm out at any time....

can't wait until Thursday......will enjoy the Houston series but Thursday is the DAY....

Re: The 2019 season - 01/04/2019 00:31

Melky is old and slow, had to go get a steroid injection in RF today before fielding a ball...The new SS Gonzalez has an impressive SS body, but can he hit? he looks like he could hit for power, but so far not even a hint of power at the plate......Bell has gained some muscle weight over the winter, but he butchered first base on opening day....If he doesn't hit for major power this year he should be gone...

Re: The 2019 season - 01/04/2019 22:11

you got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em know when to walk away know when to run..........

gonzalez with a baserunning blunder and a costly error...... snail it a homer in the 8th but Hurdle hasn't yet learned how to manage a game...... just terrible!!!!!

Re: The 2019 season - 06/04/2019 00:09

Snail beard is playing LF tonight.... not good.....Dickerson and Crick being on the IL is gonna be costly. Jason martin should be in the OF....Oh shucks shouldn't be on the team.... Musgove is kickin butt with both feet tonight.... better stuff than he had all of last year.

Cubs and cards are not going to be factors this year like they have been recently.....Brewers might run away with the division..

Re: The 2019 season - 06/04/2019 20:57

Raise it!.....newman does more in one atbat than Gonzalez has done all year.....The fans scratched their heads when luplow and Moroff were traded for Gonzalez.....Saw moroff on the Indians highlights earlier today........Gonzalez finally made a decent play at SS last night but he';s not a major leaguer....Newman might not be either but he appears to be better than Gonzalez....newman has no power and we need power at SS....

Kela is not reliable this year.....Reds are terrible,.....Bucs in trouble when they play the better teams...All of their wins this year are against the Reds.... not good

Re: The 2019 season - 11/04/2019 01:38

I was wrong about Jordon Lyles he has pitched great this year so far....

Re: The 2019 season - 12/04/2019 01:37

Gonzalez has got to go.....whoever thought this guy could play SS or hit should be fired tonight....lord have mercy..... bring up cole tucker

Re: The 2019 season - 12/04/2019 23:20

bell looks to be a break out type of player this year..... just clobbered one....

Re: The 2019 season - 13/04/2019 01:31

Hurdle has got to be the dumbest manager in the game right now.... Kela has been shelled this year..... bring him in with as one run lead.......I mean gosh...... just gosh

Re: The 2019 season - 13/04/2019 01:48

shucks..... he ain't no major leaguer.... I mean gosh..... hurdle sux

Re: The 2019 season - 13/04/2019 22:14

AAAAAALord........Should've signed some bullpen help over the winter......Ofcourse hurdle would not know how to use them....

atleast archer pitched well today.....

Re: The 2019 season - 14/04/2019 20:24

Hurdle ain't got no brains.....absolutely no common sense........Zero..... zilch.......He has no clue how to manager a bullpen. Vaz is shaky going one inning, has a terrible history tying to go two innings......hurdle must be a dumbocrat, probably voted for Hillary and/or Obama.....the Team does win..... but only after vaz threw 43 pitches...... just terrible..... sad to watch him mismanage games like this...

Re: The 2019 season - 17/04/2019 01:14

The brain brings in kela for the 9th inning..... over used Vaz on sunday...... bring in Kela so that he can lose it..... leadoff double....

Re: The 2019 season - 20/04/2019 02:48

Lyles hurt in the 6th inning, now Marte and Gonzalez collide and it looks like Marte may be hurt,,,,, Gonzalez should be released tonight..... Marte leaving in the cart, but it looks like he just wants sympathy......

Re: The 2019 season - 21/04/2019 17:44

The brain has the snail beard playing second base today.... Never played second before at any level..... HELLO.... If he wants these bats in the lineup, put kang on second and snail at third.... Kang has played there before..... I mean gosh....

Re: The 2019 season - 21/04/2019 19:03

Archer went 5 innings, gave up 3 runs hurdle should've allowed him to bat and pitch another inning.......Glasnow has the lowest ERA in the American league, has three scoreless today so far and has only given up 3 runs ALL YEAR......

Re: The 2019 season - 21/04/2019 19:14

mistake to bring in Rodriquez....

Re: The 2019 season - 23/04/2019 01:47

Yesterday was one of the few games that the team has lost this year that Hurdle's bad management wasn't responsible....

tonight, the d backs just put up a 7 run inning. Just bad luck for Crick and burdi gave up a 2 run homer. would've left Crick in that inning to finish it might've saved those last two runs....wasted waaaay too many opportunities early in this game....

I like Tucker, should always lead off with Ga boy hitting second.....Reynolds might be able to hit, but he's not a CF.looks like a high school player out there,

Re: The 2019 season - 23/04/2019 02:06

burdi hurt.... looks bad.... probably gone for the year.... was not fooling anyone tonight....

Re: The 2019 season - 23/04/2019 23:34

Now we've seen it all.... snail beard scores from first base on a double.....somewhere Jason dolph Thompson is smiling....

Re: The 2019 season - 24/04/2019 01:55

Last two games were games they could've/should've won. Ga boy should've scored from second base on a hit earlier in this game. ga boy then should've bunted runner over in the 8th inning......atleast it appears that both kela and Rodriquez have worked out the kinks and will be reliable now....

Re: The 2019 season - 24/04/2019 01:57

Whether it works out or not, should not have pinch hit for tucker with kang.....

Re: The 2019 season - 28/04/2019 15:41

After watching the game last night, it appears that this team is cursed, no other explanation for the things that are happening....Yes Bell made two plays in the field that cost them 2 runs but no way to explain these happenings....

musgrove deserved much better......hopefully the curse was only for last week...

Re: The 2019 season - 28/04/2019 22:39

boy oh boy......Polanco has to go..... no power and a butcher in RF..... Bell needs to go too, he does hit homers but he has cost the team 4 runs in these last two games......Melky has done his part today though,must've loaded up on the roids before the game....

Re: The 2019 season - 28/04/2019 22:41

cody Bellinger has the fastest bat speed that I've ever seen...... watched a lot of baseball in my life too..... I mean WOW!

Re: The 2019 season - 28/04/2019 23:53

Polanco didn't take third base in the 8th and then struck out to end the game, plus he butched the outfield......cost the team the game.... gotta go

Re: The 2019 season - 01/05/2019 01:46

frail cervelli gets hit by a pitch.... acts like it broke every bone in his frail little body, thought he was gonna cry.....Why does he love hugging men so much?..... anyway he's out..... needs to be released........Lyles threw too many pitches tonight.....Polanco made an extremely weak throw allowing the second run to score, seems like he would try to just make it look like he cares but apparently not... I could've made a stronger longer throw than that.....

Re: The 2019 season - 03/05/2019 23:50

Well cervelli is all of a sudden just fine and starting tonight..... he just wanted sympathy and he can't take much pain......

Re: The 2019 season - 04/05/2019 00:15

looks like kang has had a few drinks before the game.... keep him away from women and don't let him drive home....cervelli needs to be released....

Re: The 2019 season - 04/05/2019 00:15

what a fiasco

Re: The 2019 season - 04/05/2019 23:13

Polanco.... terrible arm now.... low effort..... I can throw harder at my age than he can right now.... just terrible

Re: The 2019 season - 04/05/2019 23:16

polaco has cost the team 3 runs already here in the first inning...... I mean gosh.... not a major leaguer.....

Re: The 2019 season - 08/05/2019 19:45

Gosh..... Hurdle sux....... I realize that lyons and felix shouldn't be in the majors but gosh.... just terrible..... lyons should be released now.... hurdle fired

Re: The 2019 season - 12/05/2019 19:20

The Stratton jobber that they got may as well pitch today, brault doesn't have it.... the shifts have cost him runs, bad ball'strike umpire cost him one run......but still he doesn't have it..... should've brought up Brubaker instead of getting a jobber like the Stratton dude.

Re: The 2019 season - 15/05/2019 20:01

not off to a good start... snail drops a double play ball.... archer can't find the plate... just terrible...

Re: The 2019 season - 19/05/2019 01:26

2 long homes for Bell tonight.....Reynolds also with a homer.... 5 -0....

Re: The 2019 season - 19/05/2019 20:53

Bell with another rbi and then the snail hits a three run homer..... bucs 4 padres 0

Re: The 2019 season - 19/05/2019 21:32

Polanco ain't got no brains.....was acting like a first grader in the dugout during the 4 run 1st inning.... then walked in the third leading off..... slowly went back to 1st on a Bell flyout and was almost thrown out because of lack of effort.... then acted like he didn't know how many outs on the next batter when he flew out too..... almost thrown out again because of lack of effort.... then was picked off during moran's atbat..... just terrible......

Re: The 2019 season - 25/05/2019 00:10

Marte must be on drugs tonight, either that or he's drunk.... just misplaying one after another..... in front of a big crowd too.

Re: The 2019 season - 26/05/2019 01:33

something is wrong with marte.... swung at a pitch 3 feet outside to strike out in the first inning.... then caught the third out and didn't know how many outs..... gosh...

Re: The 2019 season - 27/05/2019 20:26

Bell quickly becoming my favorite player since stargell......he hit number 17 today..... and I love the fact that he and Reynolds are switch hitters.....kicking butt with both feet from both sides of the plate...

Re: The 2019 season - 29/05/2019 00:10

This is terrible baseball.... looks like lyles is now hurt too......The pitching is terrible, Marte appears to be on drugs, misplaying the outfield and not running hard when he does hit the ball....Polanco not giving full effort either.... sad.... real sad...

this derek dietrich punk needs to be hit, he appears to be the biggest jerk that I've seen in the game in a long time.....Most likely he's on steroids...

Re: The 2019 season - 31/05/2019 00:07

Musgrove getting shelled... 3 homers 5 runs nobody out in the 3rd

Re: The 2019 season - 31/05/2019 02:36

aaaaaaaaaaaaalord.........the pirates had a great opportunity to sign some decent relief pitchers over the winter, they only got lirano..... now their bullpen is full of jobbers.... need to trade Vazquez for a young starter.... braves have minor league starters about ready.. like ian Anderson and kyle Mueller.....

Re: The 2019 season - 02/06/2019 01:03

The pirates need to win this game. they got runs on the brewers best pitchers, they need a walkoff here in the 12th...

Long homer from osuna earlier in the game.... WOW!.... meanwhile it looks like Bell is now cold as ice.....

Re: The 2019 season - 02/06/2019 01:24

If they can't come back in this game, hurdle needs to be fired after the game...

Re: The 2019 season - 02/06/2019 01:36

just terrible.......fire Hurdle now

Re: The 2019 season - 08/06/2019 20:55

welp.... The snail beard has started hitting some homers..... ihopefully he'll keep it up so that they can trade him for something before the deadline.... Need to try to get Ian Happ from the Cubs, will Smith and gavin Lux from the dodgers.... then trade Vazquez and Lirano to the Braves and try to get Mueller, Ian Anderson and adam duval.....

Re: The 2019 season - 08/06/2019 23:37

Lyles and lirano have both come back to earth.... bell too but I think he'll rebound some and they might not...

Litle boy that manages the brewers is over using his closer hader....won't be long before his arm goes out...

Re: The 2019 season - 09/06/2019 19:56

brault has kicked butt with both feet and arms today..... gave up a solo shot to the boy yelich who was nothing in Miami but must be on Barun;s juice in Milwaukee.....

like Hurdle using kang at ss and playing the snail at third....It's about time for the snail to cool off though and go back to the bench in a couple of weeks.....Bell is planting too early and it's thrown everything off, he has not connected solid to anything in about a week and a half...The hits that he's gotten he has reached out and just pulled .......they need to go get his dad and let him work with Bell tomorrow on his day off....

One rumor that I saw had Vazquez as possible trade bait.... had him fitting in with the dodgers and braves,,,,wish it would come true.... I want Anderson and Mueller at least and maybe Duval for him...

Re: The 2019 season - 11/06/2019 00:19

Welp..... that's pretty much the game.....once Musgrove got ejected for no reason, I knew it was over.... and Hunnington said they are looking to acquire a pitcher,,,,,

Maybe they can just call up their first round pick, the 18 yr old that they signed today...

Re: The 2019 season - 12/06/2019 01:41

You got to know WHEN to hold em, KNOW WHEN to fold em........ this one is on Hurdle.... I mean gosh.... Archer is finished.... meanwhile Austin Meadows is leading the AL in hitting, the rays are using meadows as their flagship player in their commercials.... He's an AL MVP candidate.....

Re: The 2019 season - 13/06/2019 00:42

Keller just needs experience.... He'll take his lumps but will be good soon... Braves announcers, like chip carey are the worst...... his grandaddy was a drunk, his dad was a drunk and he's terrible...

Re: The 2019 season - 16/06/2019 18:29

Archer does it again.....gives up the lead.....How they could've given up anything to get him is beyond me.... The marlins had wanted Glasnow and Meadows for Stanton and Stanton is much better than this clown....

Perhaps Harold Ramirez's huge foul mouth mom with the big tattoos is happy now though....

Re: The 2019 season - 16/06/2019 18:30

Release Archer... Now

Re: The 2019 season - 19/06/2019 00:34

I predict that Keller will be the very best pirates pitcher in the history of the team.... He's what they told us that Benson was years ago.... Gave up 4 runs tonight but he will dominate when he calms down and gets a little bit of experience...

Re: The 2019 season - 20/06/2019 00:00

heart breaking to see the game last night, Pirates had so many chances.... now tonight, trevor is getting shelled like never before... the is the end of their season right here, the knockout blow to their entire season...

Re: The 2019 season - 23/06/2019 21:02

hurdle is not a major league manager... no need to take out holmes and bring in Rodriquez earlier.....the hart guy shouldn't pitch in a close game because when he does as is the case today it won't be close long....

Bell has cooled off too much, It's gonna be much tougher for him to win the vote for starting AS this week...I didn't expect him to be Bell of May all year but it would've been nice to atleast keep ahead of the others....

Re: The 2019 season - 29/06/2019 01:02

Sure wish that newman would start hitting for power.... would love to see him hit 20 plus per year with a high average too..Very disappointed in Ga boy at second...

Re: The 2019 season - 02/07/2019 02:19

it's 18-5 going to the 9th.... been a very enjoyable game to watch..... A guy that writes an online column suggested yesterday that they tear the team down and do a complete rebuild, he wanted them to trade Bell and Williams......I'm for trading some of these players but bell would be a tough one to trade....... switch hitter that hits em in the river....would really have to be overwhelmed.....

Finally ga boy had a good game tonight... maybe july is gonna be good to the bucs...

Re: The 2019 season - 04/07/2019 02:31

Yes!!!!!.... The Bucs just beat the hell right on out of those lowlife worthless Chicago cubs......now they need to sweep them out of town tomorrow...... Freddy freeman must be embarrassed to be starting over Bell in the AS game....

Re: The 2019 season - 04/07/2019 23:50

Sad to see the cubs win today....looks like Reynolds is about to come back down to earth, hadn't looked too good recently.... got frustrated with him today not running out a strikeout, apparently he thought that it didn't count because he got hit on the foot...

Lyles looked bad today too, the clock has struck midnight with him too....

Re: The 2019 season - 07/07/2019 17:58

ga boy finally hitting like I had hoped he would all year... needs to hit with a little more power though..... great to see newman hitting with a little bit of power too...... don't want to see erik Gonzalez or cervelli back on the team ever again...

Re: The 2019 season - 13/07/2019 02:06

Archer pitched great today, deserved much better than his final numbers showed.Bryant should've been out before he hit the homer and if that had happened the other runs probably would not have scored either....Heart-breaking that Crick gave up the run in the 8th....

Re: The 2019 season - 14/07/2019 20:30

tough to watch this series...... trevor Williams was the team's best pitcher at one point earlier, now he looks like a minor league wannabe......only good thing to come out of this series is that perhaps it'll remind the bozo GM of the team that it's time to SELL not buy....

very few of these players that I would not trade,and if the return was right, i'd trade any one of the ones on the 25 right now.....Hurdle and his staff have got to go too.....

Re: The 2019 season - 17/07/2019 01:18

marte has a ball hit off of the end of his bat, umpire told him to go to first but marte refused to go telling the umpire that it hit the bat.... then hits into a force play and gets thrown out by a mile trying to steal second.... just great!!!! still no hits for the bucs...

Re: The 2019 season - 17/07/2019 17:35

marte homers, increasing his trade value.... then archer gives the run right back....They made over stallings before the game.... ok so he's a good guy and all, but they need to upgrade from him, diaz has been disappointing but he'd be a decent reserve catcher, stallings should be in Indy.....

Re: The 2019 season - 24/07/2019 01:57

after the heart breaking loss last night... another close loss tonight.... team is done.... back up the truck and unload the team.....total rebuild...

Re: The 2019 season - 25/07/2019 01:48

my main man osuna pitches a scoreless one two three inning...

Re: The 2019 season - 25/07/2019 02:21

Stallings with a scoreless inning too..... trade Marte NOW.....has to be back on the roids....

Re: The 2019 season - 26/07/2019 00:45

the season is now over... Bell has gone back to the 2018 josh bell.....the team has basically quit and Hurdle is just along for the ride.....Back the truck up, unload and clear house in the front office and dugout......get rid of joe Clock.....bring back lanny frattare...

Re: The 2019 season - 31/07/2019 02:40

What a brawl huh? My man osuna will most likely get suspended tomorrow when mlb reviews the tape.... he threw a punch in the brawl.....The reds manager and puig or whatever the h his name is should be suspended for atleast 10 games...

Dickerson's two homers helps his trade value..... Bell had a swing tonight that I haven't seen since may.....

Re: The 2019 season - 01/08/2019 20:04

The suspensions were handed out today....kela got 10 games, most likely because of his post game comments...Osuna got 5, crick 3 and hurdle 2..... the shocking thing was how light that the reds got off, bell only got 6 games with garret only getting 8 games and puig getting just 3 games....Bell had been reamed out by joe torre about his attitude recently , it was expected that he get atleast 10 to 15 games.... garrett should've gotten atleast 10 games too and puig 10 games too.... it doesn't make sense....

Re: The 2019 season - 03/08/2019 01:00

Kang gone..... good to see the drunk off of the team..... need to get rid of the steroid brothers starting with releasing cerveli.... should've traded melky and marte...

great to see reyes back, he was hitting for power... should start at second base over ga boy for a few games..... game going better tonight with hurdle not there....

Re: The 2019 season - 04/08/2019 02:17

Archer did well but it was all for naught...... crick is not reliable this year....

Re: The 2019 season - 04/08/2019 19:42

big embarrassment today.....none of these starting pitchers have pitched well enough to return next year.....Musgrove was getting shelled and bell's defensive blunders didn't help....hurdle just sat in the dugout and thought about what he was gonna have for supper after the game....

only good thing about all of this losing is that they should get a very high draft pick next year....and they'll need new management to make the right picks....

just bad baseball today....

Re: The 2019 season - 04/08/2019 22:21

The looks on the players faces in the dugout near the end of the game said it all..... they were defeated, done.... finished......wait til next year has set in bigtime...I believe that hurdle will be fired, extension or not he's a goner.... season is over.... I do expect them to beat the brewers tomorrow because lyles is pitching....

Re: The 2019 season - 08/08/2019 01:18

The way that the pirates lost the game last night was symbolic of the season... failure can bring change and let's hope that the pirates clean house soon....same story tonight....

Re: The 2019 season - 08/08/2019 23:18

not many times during the last 40 plus years that I would actually turn off the pirates game early.....last night I did.... many times in the past few years I've gone to bed before the end of the game when they're playing a late game on the west coast, but not these regular games in Pittsburgh...... reyes should be starting at second the rest of the year, I love ga boy but he has not gone the job done this year.... doesn't deserve to start...

Re: The 2019 season - 08/08/2019 23:18

oh and great that keller is coming back, he needs to stay this time, good or bad, no need to send him back to indy...

Re: The 2019 season - 11/08/2019 18:30

Cora should be fired too when they clean house.....no excuse for sending ga boy from third base on a ball that shallow, he was out by a mile and then bell finally slams a homer.......should've been a three run shot not a 2 run shot.....Hopefully bell can get out of his slump now and go back to slamming homers...

Re: The 2019 season - 11/08/2019 20:05

bell is back.... another 2 run homer.... just in the 5th inning.....

Re: The 2019 season - 11/08/2019 21:18

crap.......... Hurdle still doesn't know when to fold em..... I used to like Crick, but he and his attitude need to go.......Gonzalez is terrible too.... release him now terrible trade.....

Re: The 2019 season - 17/08/2019 01:08

yep he's a nightmare alright.....darn I wish they had traded him to the dodgers...

Re: The 2019 season - 17/08/2019 18:18

Pirates need to see if they talk to the cubs about getting ian happ......Derek Fisher who is now with the bluejays would be another hometown player to target for 2020....need to release erik Gonzalez now.... no need for him to be on the team..

Re: The 2019 season - 20/08/2019 00:12

Tough to watch the first two innings tonight.... perhaps the new tattoos on Williams arm is weighing it down too much....8 runs in two innings, then the pot head comes in and pitches a scoreless inning... hate to say this, hate to even think it but i'm almost pulling against the pirates so that heads will roll and they can get better management people in place before next year....

Re: The 2019 season - 24/08/2019 02:04

And the buccos have won it.......nice to see them whoop the h out of the reds in the bottom of the 9th....

Re: The 2019 season - 25/08/2019 00:59

GREAT to see trevor Williams finally pitch well again..... cerveli was the problem, he was just bad luck having him around..... got a 2 run double for the braves tonight but they just lost a 4 run lead with him catching too... moron just hit a grand slam tonight too, hayes has finally started hitting in indy, perhaps he can hit for power because the pirates don't need a singles type hitter at third base....already have the snail that can get singles there now....

Re: The 2019 season - 26/08/2019 01:41

I was very impressed watching keller pitch on Friday night, he's improved a ton since he first came up, probably just his nerves, but I think he's going to be the pitcher that they thought kris benson was......I've lost confidence and hope in a few players this year, ga boy has proved to be a bench /utility type player, not a starter, same for Diaz, he should hit for power but he has no power and is not too good behind the plate either....The back-up catcher, baldy is probably a nice person but he's not a major leaguer....

newman gets a big hit every now and then, but he has very little power too, not even to be a starter in today's game....ditto for Cole Tucker...unless they can learn to hit homers they shouldn't be on the team...

after watching the sweep this weekend and Williams pitch a great game, i'm starting to get concerned that they will play better the rest of the way and they will move lower in the draft next year and enough heads won't roll....They need to clean house, get rid of these ping hitters and get some MLB players...The whole front office and field staff needs to be fired and replaced...

Re: The 2019 season - 08/09/2019 19:07

This mevelous guy should get a long look this month... Let archer go and keep him next year instead.....bault sang the national anthem today... he can sing... he can hit.... just wish that he could pitch too....

Re: The 2019 season - 26/09/2019 01:55

GREAT to watch them whoop the H out of the Cubs last night and hopefully they'll hold on and do it again tonight.... The lowlife Cubbies have been eliminated..... Sorry to hear that Hurdle is coming back next year, no way they should have him back....
© 2019 BallparkGuys