Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Outside the Lines
6 hours ago
my mom reminded me of a story today, In the late 1970's aaron came to macon to speak one afternoon. My dad was working at the city of macon and the mayor knew my dad was a baseball fan and invited him to come along with some of his staff and see Hank. My dad went and enjoyed his speech.... He was all excited although he didn't get to meet him or anything.... One of the ladies that worked in city hall went too and my dad said that after that everytime that he went inside city hall that the lady wanted to talk about hank Aaron. My dad thought it was funny that she had a crush on him at first.He grew tired of the lady talking about him over the next year though and refused to go into city hall when she was there...
10 43 Read More
Outside the Lines
7 hours ago
I didn't even watch any of it.... but heard it was by far the worst inauguration speech in history...
1 20 Read More
Outside the Lines
7 hours ago
Not sure exactly what that will be, but everything is gonna be built from scatch and these lowlife liberal companies like google fakebook and youtub are all gonna be obsolete in a few years if this gets done and conservatives leave....
0 6 Read More
Outside the Lines
7 hours ago
your memory must be like grandpa obiden's....
1 13 Read More
Outside the Lines
Yesterday at 23:28
1 13 Read More
Baltimore Orioles
Yesterday at 19:56
Nothing cheap about that HR, either.

Agree on Hank, Carolina.Just like Maris' 61* and Ruth's 60.
3 28 Read More
Washington Nationals
Yesterday at 14:20
Big MASN news last night. They fired all of the Orioles pre-game and post-game hosts and announced that those shows have been cancelled. That means that Kolko and everyone else except for Bob and FP are probably gone as well. The plan is to use the in game announcers for 15 minute segments before and after each game. All of the weekly shows have also been cancelled.

MASN fired Jim Hunter, Mike Bordick, Dave Johnson, Tom Davis, Rick Dempsey and Gary Thorne. By contract MASN needs to have the exact same budget and treatment for both the Os and Nats, so I'm wondering if they had the budget for that line-up for the Os why Nats fans just had Bo Porter and Dan Kolko. Must be the Lerners were pocketing the extra cash.

Lots of speculation about what this means and whether it was done to screw the Nats. I can see where it makes sense for Angelos, he owns about 80% and those shows were probably not bringing in much profit. He can produce the same shows for the Os under the Orioles team budget and not have to pay the cost for the Nats. This leaves the Lerners having to make a decision on whether to not have any daily or weekly shows or to have to have the team fund them. Britt Ghiroli had the scoop and called this unprecedented, but I'm pretty sure that the Redskins funded the Larry Michael show that used to air on NBCSports along with some of the weekly shows. They are basically ads for the team so it makes sense that they'd by paid for by the teams.

Other speculation is whether the bubble has popped on the regional sports networks as has been predicted for many years. Lots of cord cutting going on and a lot of that is driven by non-sports fans who don't want to pay the fees that cable is charging.

One thing is for sure, MASN put the Nats in a bind by announcing this with a month before spring training. If the team wants to keep these shows going they are going to need to hire their own crew and rent out their own studio equipment. The end of MASN was always going to lead to a short term disruption, maybe this is it.
17 842 Read More
Washington Nationals
Yesterday at 14:08
Originally Posted by SilverFox1
If they go after Realmuto fine, but they have to spend $$ to fix the bullpen. Not sure if Lerner is giving Rizzo the budget to accomplish both.

Probably you're right about the budget. With our starting rotation we can risk going into the season with a weaker bullpen. It is always possible to add relievers during the season if we are blowing too many games.
115 9,881 Read More
Washington Nationals
Yesterday at 12:51
If they go after Realmuto fine, but they have to spend $$ to fix the bullpen. Not sure if Lerner is giving Rizzo the budget to accomplish both.
115 9,881 Read More
Outside the Lines
Yesterday at 03:03
I found this article to be unfair. To Wallace. at least he changed later in life, unlike the senile, racist grifter credibly accused ofsexual assault and in the pocket of the Red Chinese.

https://spectator.org/joe-biden-white-supremacy-george-wallace/

What is really at play here with President Biden, as with George Wallace, is identity politics. The original identity politics was slavery. After the abolition of slavery came the next installment of identity politics — segregation. The identity politics of today is the new segregation — identity politics being the son of segregation and the grandson of slavery. It’s all about race, and its practitioners can easily be called racial supremacists.

As I long ago detailed in this space, racism has been the political fuel for the Democratic Party since its inception.

The party was founded by slave owners. It wrote one platform after another supporting slavery. At its first convention after the Civil War, in 1868, with slavery abolished and segregation the new party doctrine, the party’s slogan was

This is a White Man’s Country, Let White Men Rule.

The point, of course, was to use race to win elections.

Nothing has changed with the Democratic Party. Today’s identity politics is nothing less than the politics of racial supremacy. Race trumps all.

Which, to bring us back to President Biden, is exactly what Biden, like Wallace before him, is all about: using racial supremacy to gin up his base and divide people for political purposes.
0 23 Read More
Outside the Lines
Yesterday at 02:54
https://www.glennbeck.com/theblaze-...on-speech-may-be-all-words-little-action

the left's ideal of "unity" is really just one of "domination

He didn't mean a word of it.
1 20 Read More
Outside the Lines
Yesterday at 02:45
Against Biden.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/ge...t-articles-against-president-elect-biden

In a Tweet Wednesday evening, Greene said she will file the Articles of Impeachment against Biden on January 21, the day after he is sworn in as President of the United States.

The grounds are abuse of power related to his blackmailing Ukraine into dropping its investigation of Burisma.
0 8 Read More
Outside the Lines
Yesterday at 02:29
great that trump offered his hotel to the guard for free...
5 47 Read More
Outside the Lines
Yesterday at 02:29
Originally Posted by John Lease
Hey dum dum, articles are being sent Monday.

Gee, who predicted it would be swept away quietly?

That's a wrap.

trial delayed two weeks......dumbocrats running for the hills.... afraid.... upset at pelosi......trying to figure out what the h that they can do to dismiss quickly
47 440 Read More
Baltimore Orioles
Yesterday at 02:27
Every network went to live feed when he came up to bat. The moon walk probably had a smaller audience.
3 28 Read More
Outside the Lines
Yesterday at 02:26
RIP Hank. The last Negro League player to play in the major leagues.
10 43 Read More
Outside the Lines
Yesterday at 02:25
Originally Posted by martin
Originally Posted by BaseBawl
Vaya con Dios.

Vin Scully's call.

milo's call is the one that i'll always remember

And Curt Gowdy had it on NBC.
10 43 Read More
Outside the Lines
Yesterday at 02:15
Chief Justice John roberts not even coming if they have it.... he thinks it's unconstitutional....A lawsuit could be filed on monday morning to stop it
47 440 Read More
Outside the Lines
Yesterday at 01:42
Hank and his brother Tommie hold the record for most homeruns hit by brothers in mlb history. Tommie hit 13.
10 43 Read More
Outside the Lines
Yesterday at 01:05
other than michelle obama... this levine dude is the ugliest woman in dc..
6 51 Read More
Outside the Lines
Yesterday at 00:53
Hey dum dum, articles are being sent Monday.

Gee, who predicted it would be swept away quietly?

That's a wrap.
47 440 Read More
Outside the Lines
Yesterday at 00:52
Originally Posted by pogo
Came here to post this. LINK
As an AL kid I did not get to see NL players. I remember watching Milwaukee beat the Yankees in 1957 when I was 9 and wondering about these strangers.
Only other time watching NL that I can remember was watching Pitt./Mazerowski beat them in 1960.

A true Iron Man, Aaron epitomized excellence and hard work.

Don't forget his brother Tommie.
10 43 Read More
Outside the Lines
Yesterday at 00:43
dumbocrats in the senate running for the hills..... 77% of americans are against impeachment and they are furious with pelosi for this nonsense....if not dismissed, trump might want to speak on his own behalf and would bring up evidence of voter fraud.... that would be a disaster for the dumbocrats...
47 440 Read More
Outside the Lines
Yesterday at 00:38
Obiden is going to keep saying that things were much worse than even he thought. This is an effort to smear trump and to cover his inability to govern....The house dumbocrats are still after trump's tax returns. Their smear campaign will just continue on and on.The media wiull cover for obiden by making up bogus stories about trump.... notice that some had trump being arrested after leaving office. trump might face some civil suits but he won't be criminally charged much less conficted....

They have to keep the hate for trump on the front page, they can praise obiden but nobody cares about that fool.... they just hate trump....
0 13 Read More
Outside the Lines
Yesterday at 00:14
Muhammad Ali once said this about Hank Aaron: “The only man I idolize more than myself.” RIP to the real HR king!
10 43 Read More
Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 77 78