Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Outside the Lines
2 hours ago
I think I read that a couple of Virginia counties do too.
4 64 Read More
Outside the Lines
2 hours ago
Yet they're allowing the World Series to be played there.
64 1,494 Read More
Baltimore Orioles
2 hours ago
Angelos would only go 3 years. Nick wanted four and the Braves gave it to him.
6 72 Read More
Outside the Lines
2 hours ago
A mostly peaceful protest.
1 36 Read More
Outside the Lines
2 hours ago
Racism dressed up as diversity,
1 74 Read More
Baltimore Orioles
2 hours ago
OPS+ 104 his last year here. They were scared of his neck disk. I didn't blame them. They were wrong. Now I kind of do.
6 72 Read More
Baltimore Orioles
4 hours ago
His last years here were mediocre.
6 72 Read More
Outside the Lines
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by pogo
There is probably a place that issues of politics, sexuality and intolerance could be genuinel debated, but it sure ain't here.

mike. You've fallen to the level of quoting a dictator and murderer on intolerance and conformity? You can't see the irony?

Why not? Because we won't agree with you?

"

Wait'll they jump though hoops to explain why CPAC's in a fascist scheissehole."

??
4 98 Read More
Baltimore Orioles
18 hours ago
Markakis quit just in time, or his retirement allowed them to run. Dunno how well he was playing toward the end. There's no year when he was in Atlanta, that he wouldn't have been our best RF in Baltimore.
6 72 Read More
Outside the Lines
19 hours ago
4 64 Read More
Baltimore Orioles
19 hours ago
Go Braves.
6 72 Read More
Outside the Lines
Yesterday at 19:20
Originally Posted by pogo

mike. You've fallen to the level of quoting a dictator and murderer on intolerance and conformity? You can't see the irony?

Wait'll they jump though hoops to explain why CPAC's in a fascist scheissehole.
4 98 Read More
Outside the Lines
Yesterday at 14:53
It's indeed sad when a dictator has a more sensible outlook on this than supposedly "intelligent" and "educated"people in the West.

The confused sexuality of an insignificant minority of people is not a school subject.
4 98 Read More
Baltimore Orioles
Yesterday at 12:42
Seeing them back in the WS and looking at their string of first place finishes calls to mind Elias' saying that he doesn't want to build A good team in Baltimore but a succession of them.

A few of you here will remember that we had this once, many years ago with the "Oriole Way" organization. There was the first wave of "Baby Birds" in the early 1960's through the early 1980's w/Ripken, Boddicker, and Dauer. They had talent at every minor league level back then, and we have some of that now.
5 76 Read More
Baltimore Orioles
Yesterday at 11:47
Roch: "Catcher Austin Wynns, infielder Pat Valaika and pitchers Thomas Eshelman and Konner Wade elected free agency after clearing outright waivers"
5 76 Read More
Outside the Lines
Yesterday at 06:13
There is probably a place that issues of politics, sexuality and intolerance could be genuinel debated, but it sure ain't here.

4 98 Read More
Outside the Lines
Yesterday at 06:07
Article 4, Section 3 of the US Constitution.
" - - -nor any state be formed by the junction of two or more states, or parts of states, without the consent of the legislatures of the states concerned as well as of the Congress.'
nor any state be formed by the junction of two or more states, or parts of states, without the consent of the legislatures of the states concerned as well as of the Congress.
Having taken pre-law and Constitutional history the above section occurred to me.

To say that there are some really dumb ass conservative politicos in western Maryland is a tautology. (You can look it up.)

Miz pogo noticed an article in the NYT about this and mentioned it to me. She thought that Md should just let them go. My thought was that they should be forced to live in what is to them the living hell of a liberal state.
I also thought that West Va has enough problems without adding more righty population. Miz pogo also thought to look up the populations and wealth of the three counties. They are very wealthy without much population.

You may wonder how West Virginia got formed during the Civil War given the above piece of the Constitution. Basically they violated it using the reasoning that Virginia was not a valid state as it had seceded.
This was at the same time that Congress also said that Virginia did not have the right to secede , that being one thing that the Civil War was fought over.
Nice reasoning huh? Basically it was wartime so little things like the Constitution weren't real important. It should be now.
4 64 Read More
Baltimore Orioles
Yesterday at 01:05
I was thinking of the Astro Way. They're back in the WS again. The pitching from the Verlander/Cole/Morton team is flipped. I don't know for whom. Nevertheless, they persist. It's interesting when applied to what's building in our minor league system.
5 76 Read More
Baltimore Orioles
25/10/2021 23:55
I expect that the turds on that list that don't return will be replaced by new turds.
5 76 Read More
Baltimore Orioles
25/10/2021 16:23
Why does one turd get a mulligan? I didn't get that.
5 76 Read More
Baltimore Orioles
25/10/2021 15:29
Looks like they can afford to give up a lot of these pitchers w/no great loss.

Fernando Abad
Mike Baumann
Marcos Diplán
Chris Ellis
Paul Fry
Conner Greene
Eric Hanhold
Joey Krehbiel
Dean Kremer
Brooks Kriske
Zac Lowther
Isaac Mattson
John Means
Tanner Scott
Cole Sulser
Dillon Tate
Spenser Watkins
Tyler Wells
Alexander Wells
Bruce Zimmermann

The apparent locks to remain are Baumann, Ellis, Fry, Kremer, Lowther, Means, Scott, Sulser, Tate, Zimmermann, Tyler Wells and Alexander Wells. Mattson had a difficult and disappointing season at Norfolk and with the Orioles, but you probably can include him, as well. He should get a mulligan.
5 76 Read More
Baltimore Orioles
25/10/2021 14:29
Originally Posted by carolina
I can't even tell which are greedier, the players or the owners.

yes
2 62 Read More
Baltimore Orioles
25/10/2021 14:16
They can stop all they want. I really don't care. I can't even tell which are greedier, the players or the owners.
2 62 Read More
Baltimore Orioles
25/10/2021 02:30
Don't have a link but read an article earlier that claims there will almost certainly be a work stoppage starting in December and that owners will put a freeze on signing any free agents until they get a new agreement. I personally would love to see the owners finally fix this by putting in a salary cap. owners also want to only give players free agency when the player is 29 and a half years old, not the current 6 years.

The Dodgers had a 300 million dollar payroll this year... the Pirates were at 58 million.... Ofcourse Pittsburgh could've spent more but something needs to be done...a salary cap...
2 62 Read More
Outside the Lines
25/10/2021 00:25
Governor Kemp should tell Manifred that he is not welcome here in Georgia and he and other MLB officials should not come....They should be banned from the ballpark...
64 1,494 Read More
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13