Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Outside the Lines
7 hours ago
my mom reminded me of a story today, In the late 1970's aaron came to macon to speak one afternoon. My dad was working at the city of macon and the mayor knew my dad was a baseball fan and invited him to come along with some of his staff and see Hank. My dad went and enjoyed his speech.... He was all excited although he didn't get to meet him or anything.... One of the ladies that worked in city hall went too and my dad said that after that everytime that he went inside city hall that the lady wanted to talk about hank Aaron. My dad thought it was funny that she had a crush on him at first.He grew tired of the lady talking about him over the next year though and refused to go into city hall when she was there...
10 43 Read More
Outside the Lines
7 hours ago
I didn't even watch any of it.... but heard it was by far the worst inauguration speech in history...
1 20 Read More
Outside the Lines
7 hours ago
Not sure exactly what that will be, but everything is gonna be built from scatch and these lowlife liberal companies like google fakebook and youtub are all gonna be obsolete in a few years if this gets done and conservatives leave....
0 6 Read More
Outside the Lines
7 hours ago
your memory must be like grandpa obiden's....
1 13 Read More
Baltimore Orioles
Yesterday at 19:56
Nothing cheap about that HR, either.

Agree on Hank, Carolina.Just like Maris' 61* and Ruth's 60.
3 28 Read More
Washington Nationals
Yesterday at 14:20
Big MASN news last night. They fired all of the Orioles pre-game and post-game hosts and announced that those shows have been cancelled. That means that Kolko and everyone else except for Bob and FP are probably gone as well. The plan is to use the in game announcers for 15 minute segments before and after each game. All of the weekly shows have also been cancelled.

MASN fired Jim Hunter, Mike Bordick, Dave Johnson, Tom Davis, Rick Dempsey and Gary Thorne. By contract MASN needs to have the exact same budget and treatment for both the Os and Nats, so I'm wondering if they had the budget for that line-up for the Os why Nats fans just had Bo Porter and Dan Kolko. Must be the Lerners were pocketing the extra cash.

Lots of speculation about what this means and whether it was done to screw the Nats. I can see where it makes sense for Angelos, he owns about 80% and those shows were probably not bringing in much profit. He can produce the same shows for the Os under the Orioles team budget and not have to pay the cost for the Nats. This leaves the Lerners having to make a decision on whether to not have any daily or weekly shows or to have to have the team fund them. Britt Ghiroli had the scoop and called this unprecedented, but I'm pretty sure that the Redskins funded the Larry Michael show that used to air on NBCSports along with some of the weekly shows. They are basically ads for the team so it makes sense that they'd by paid for by the teams.

Other speculation is whether the bubble has popped on the regional sports networks as has been predicted for many years. Lots of cord cutting going on and a lot of that is driven by non-sports fans who don't want to pay the fees that cable is charging.

One thing is for sure, MASN put the Nats in a bind by announcing this with a month before spring training. If the team wants to keep these shows going they are going to need to hire their own crew and rent out their own studio equipment. The end of MASN was always going to lead to a short term disruption, maybe this is it.
17 842 Read More
Washington Nationals
Yesterday at 14:08
Originally Posted by SilverFox1
If they go after Realmuto fine, but they have to spend $$ to fix the bullpen. Not sure if Lerner is giving Rizzo the budget to accomplish both.

Probably you're right about the budget. With our starting rotation we can risk going into the season with a weaker bullpen. It is always possible to add relievers during the season if we are blowing too many games.
115 9,881 Read More